Many things feel surreal these days, including the fact that we have just completed our first year of being in business. Getting Do Good Paper Co. off the ground and growing it has been such an incredible journey. Through all the ups and downs, we are still in love with the idea of being an ethical Canadian stationery company that designs and sells beautiful paper products and subscription boxes that give back.
Here are some of our accomplishments in the first year:
- We launched back in July 2019 with four notebook collections, and now have eight.
- We have been offering quarterly subscription boxes since September 2019, and have been selling out the last couple seasons.
- We’ve contributed to five different charities, and will be making our annual donation to 10,000 Trees before the end of the month
- We’ve published 22 articles for the blog, which we named Our Journal
- Our products are sold in eight establishments
We’ve also received an abundance of positive feedback, and feel so happy that we are bringing joy to so many of you. Our goal is to do you and the world some good, and we are please to be able to say we are doing both, even if it’s in a small way for now. And, we know we could not have accomplished what we did without so many of you.
To our friends and family who have supported us either from the beginning or started doing so along the way, to our customers who purchase from us or engage with us on social media, to our business partners who have done contests and other fun campaigns with us, retail customers who are carrying our products in your establishment, and to the business community who help promote each other and share resources, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Looking ahead for Year 2, here are some of the things we want to focus on:
- Growing our subscription box business and becoming Canada’s trusted stationery subscription box provider
- Finding new business and collaborating partnerships in sales, marketing and product design
- Exploring new products that appeal to different customer segments
We also commit to designing and offering a new notebook collection every quarter, and will continue to donate a portion of online sales and subscription box sales to various charities.
If you can help in any way with the above, or want to chat about possible collaborations, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Maybe not every idea is going to be implemented, but each one is worth considering.
We appreciate you reading this, and hope that we are building a brand that you feel connected to.