The latest subscription box has received incredible feedback so far from our subscribers. If you have received one and love it, please do leave us a Google review!
The ocean-themed stationery items encourage you to write letters the good ol’ fashion way. Watch Leslie unbox the items if you want to learn more details about each item, or keep reading below to get a high-level description (plus some insider info) of each item.
- The Sea is Calling Journal – Our first square-shaped journal can double as a guest book! It has a seaside flair to its design, and the cover features beautiful lettering by local Markham-based artist Erica Pinto. Between the baby blue vegan leather covers are perforated pages. Flip open the covers to see my favourite part of the journal… the vintage sea creature illustrations on the end sheets.
- Drawn to the Sea Letter Writing Set - The waves and water details of this beautiful stationery set were hand painted (by me!) with watercolour. I chose a gorgeous palette of blues and greens, with a bit of gold, which turned out more sparkly than I expected after it was printed. With the design, I wanted to give you a sense of excitement when you decide to take the time to write a letter. I hope you’ll agree that it does… because I am so pleased with the way the paintings turned out. 15 sheets and 12 envelopes (6 white + 6 blue) are included inside each navy blue outer envelope.
- Peel and Stick Wax Seals – I had followed Ladd Stamps for a long time and always wanted to find a way to include a wax seal set in our subscription boxes. Finally, I had the chance to do so this season, with the introduction of the letter-writing stationery set. Embellishing your envelope with a gorgeous wax seal adds an extra level of thoughtfulness. These sea-green wax seals were hand made by Kerstie and her team in Markham. Just peel and stick - no mess or heat necessary.
- Fountain Pens - Enjoy the writing performance of two fountain pens from Canadian company Zebra Pens. I have to say that the plastic design of the barrels doesn’t make them very attractive looking, but they do write so smoothly. If it’s your first time using a fountain pen, you’ll be delighted. One blue and one black pen are included inside each box.
- Letter Opener – I received a letter opener as a gift over 10 years ago from a friend who had travelled and bought it as a souvenir. I still use it to this day and always think what a practical thing it is to own! When designing this box, it was one of the first things I ordered, because it goes hand in hand with writing letters. The comfortable shape and perfect size of the one included makes it a welcomed addition to your desk.
- ADD-ON: Seaweed Journal - Back in stock due to popular demand, this journal was slightly modified so that its material matches that of the Sea is Calling Journal. It still features a sea fir design embossed on a moss green hard cover, along with a handy elastic pen loop on the spine, and has the same premium, recycled, lined paper inside.
Some of you may already be aware that we have an existing notebook collection called Drawn to the Sea. The new square journal and the letter writing set are now added to it, making it one of our largest collections on the site.
If you purchased a single box or received one as a gift, and are interested in becoming a subscriber, you will get exclusive benefits, and a box every 4 months (3 boxes per year). And you can feel good about spoiling yourself, because a portion of every box sold is donated to a local environmental charitable organization.
Now go and put paper to pen, and make someone feel very happy with a hand-written letter!